Frequently Asked Questions
Eligibility and Entries
Q. How do I enter?
On the top menu of every page you will find links for registration. Please follow the link, then simply enter your name, email and a password. You will be asked to sign-in and will be brought to your personal profile page. Here is where you may purchase entries and upload your submissions. Choose the number of images you would like to submit and checkout via our PayPal gateway using your PayPal account or a Credit Card. You do not require a PayPal account. Submission fees are $15 for 1 image, $30 for 3 images, $50 for 6 images and $100 for 15 images. The Photo Essay is a separate category with its own $500 prize –
entry is $29. You may purchase as many blocks of entries as you like. All fees are in US dollars.
Q. What devices are eligible for entry?
Images shot and edited on any mobile phone or tablet including iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tablets, Windows Phones, and the iPod touch are eligible for entry.
Q. Can I use apps on my phone or tablet to process or edit my photos?
Yes! Absolutely. You may use any app or any combination of apps. If it’s on your phone or tablet you can use it.
Q. Can I use my desktop or laptop to process or edit photos?
No! From a desktop computer you may compress file size, change file titles, and upload to our site. There should be no image alteration, crops, adjustments, or manipulations from a desktop or laptop. We will disqualify images created with apps which access desktop software using the mobile as a remote i.e apps such as AstroPad.
Q. Is there a photographic style or genre that you are looking for?
We want to showcase great images. We hope and expect to see all genres and styles submitted. We have 20 photo categories. Each image submitted may be placed in two (2) categories. All styles welcome!
Q. How do I pay for entries? Is my financial information secure?
All payments go through PayPal’s secure and encrypted system. This way, we do not carry or maintain any of your financial information at any time whatsoever. If you do not have a PayPal account you can use a temporary guest PayPal account and pay by credit card or you may contact us and we will run your card through Square Payments directly.
Q. May I enter more than once?
Yes. You may purchase more entries anytime during the submission period.
Q. Do I have to submit all of my images at once?
You may submit your images whenever you like anytime during the submission period.
Q. How do I know if my submissions have been received?
You will see all of your successfully uploaded images on your profile page.
Q. Can I submit my images via mobile phone, tablet and desktop/laptop?
Yes. You may submit your images from any device.
Q. Are there any eligibility restrictions based on my location or country?
Entry is available to all photographers and artists everywhere in the world unless prohibited by local laws.
Q. How many images will be part of the show?
Q. What if my print sells?
Artist gets 50% of profit after print costs.
Q. Do I keep my copyright?
Artist keeps 100% of copyright.
Q. How does the judging work?
Once the submission period closes, the jury will review all entries anonymously (without entrants’ names), and as a group they will select the winning images.
Q. Are judges allowed to enter images in the competition?
Q. When will I know when the final images have been chosen?
We will announce the winners in January, 2018.
Fees, Deadlines and Entry Rules
Submission fees are in US currency at $15 for 1 image, $30 for 3 images, $50 for 6 images and $100 for 15 images. The Photo Essay is $30 and has it’s own $500 prize.
Deadline for entry is December 09, 2018 at 11:59pm Pacific Coast Time.
Entries are accepted directly through the upload module accessible from your profile page. It is in your best interest to submit your images as hi-res files without excessive compression. Images must be a minimum of 640 pixels wide and no larger than 10mb. Images may only be submitted by respective copyright owners, and entries that infringe copyright laws are invalid. Images submitted may be used for a full color exhibition catalog and MPA promotion.
All works accepted for display as part of the Mobile Photography Awards Exhibits will be considered for sale at the exhibitions. Standard retail prices will be suggested correlating to the size of the print in the show. Prints will range in size from 10×10 to 18×24.
Proceeds from works sold: 50% to the artist, 50% to MPA Payment to artist will be sent via PayPal, or check if requested, within 30 days of sale.
Production of Print Works
All images are printed with archival inks on Epson photographic exhibition fiber fine-art paper. From experience, we now exclusively use the Epson UltraSmooth series of papers.
I acknowledge and agree as follows:
- Photographers of all ages and countries of residence are welcome to submit images.There are no restrictions on submission eligibility with regard to age or residence unless prohibited by the jurisdiction in which the entrant resides.
- All entries must be submitted via the upload module as found in your profile page hosted by mobilephotoawards.com
- Entries are deemed accepted when your profile page displays the images you have submitted.
- Entries will only be accepted once these rules of entry are agreed to on the Submission Form.
- Entrant asserts that all submitted images have been shot and/or edited (processed with apps) or otherwise created with any and all known mobile phone and tablet devices. No desktop software is permitted. Entries which do not conform to these rules will be disqualified.
- Entrant asserts that you have the right or authorization to submit your images to the Mobile Photography Awards and that the images you submit are your original work and do not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
- You hold the Mobile Photography Awards and their respective management, judges, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, vendors, and affiliates harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from your entry.
- Entrants grant the Mobile Photography Awards the right to use submitted images on the Mobile Photography Awards website and for promotion
- Entrant retains 100% of the copyright to their images
- The Mobile Photography Awards reserves the right to adjust these rules within reason and within accordance with standard practices associated with similar competitions and open gallery calls.
- Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms and conditions as established herein.
Submission for consideration in The Mobile Photography Awards constitutes agreement to all the conditions above. the Mobile Photography Awards are not responsible for lost or damaged entries, unreadable, corrupted, or damaged files. You hold the Mobile Photography Awards its management, judges, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, vendors, and affiliates harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from your entry.
Deadline for entries: December 09, 2018 at 11:59pm Pacific Coast Time.
Judging: December 19, 2018-January 5, 2019
Selection Announcement:On or Prior to January 31st, 2019
Still have questions? Hit the Contact link and ask away…